New Window Installation Process
Leave it up to us!
We understand that replacing the windows and exterior doors in your home can be overwhelming. At Cossins Windows and Doors, our goal is to make this process as easy and stress-free as possible. That’s why we’ve created an easy-to-follow window installation guide. Everything you need to know about the installation of your new Cossins Windows and Doors can be found here.
COSSINS WINDOWS INSTALATION
This brief outline of our standard window and door installation process will hopefully ease your mind and answer any questions you may have about what happens next.
One of the great benefits of choosing Cossins Windows and Doors for your home is that the entire process is handled by one company assuring quality at every step of the process. Since we manufacture our products in our own facility, our staff and certified installers go through rigorous training and are familiar with every inch of your Cossins product. In addition to installing your new windows and doors, they can answer any product questions that you may have. Our installation team are employees of Cossins and not term contracts for projects and are known for their professionalism and customer service expertise.
#1 - REPLACEMENT WINDOW AND DOOR PRE-INSTALLATION PROCESS
Cossins Windows and Doors will:
- Schedule the final measurement meeting with you at which time all of the openings in your home receiving new windows and/or doors will be measured for manufacturing;
- Review the installation process with you so that you are well informed regarding the entire process;
- Confirm if any permits are required for your specific project.
Because we build your windows specifically for your home, if you wish to make any changes to your window or door order – the final measurement meeting is the time to do so.
#2 – JOB SCHEDULING & TIMING
The Cossins Windows and Doors installation team will co-ordinate the manufacturing, delivery and installation of your new windows or doors to ensure the project is completed on time and budget.
#3 – PROJECT SITE PREPARATION
The Cossins Windows and Doors installation team will require access to both the inside and outside of each window and/or door opening. Please allow for the following:
- Cleared work area on the inside of the home
- Removal of any and all window treatments
- Trimmed hedges and shrubbery
- Acknowledgement that flower beds may incur some unavoidable damage (although we really try to be mindful of your flowers)
- Removal of security system contacts attached to existing windows and doors being replaced
#4 - REPLACEMENT WINDOW INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS
In order to fulfill our promise of a proper and professional installation, Cossins will require a few accommodations necessary to keep your home, family, your new windows and doors, and our crew safe before and during the installation process.
- If possible, please allow for the parking of our vehicles in close proximity to the work site to ensure safe transport of your Cossins windows and doors.
- Access to a standard 110-volt electrical outlet.
- For their safety and that of our crew, please keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work area.
- We utilize equipment to keep homes clean during and after standard installation but we recommend that customers with jobs requiring wall/structure modifications to cover furniture and belongings, as some dust is unavoidable.
Additionally, installation of windows in our Calgary winters can be a challenge. We follow an installation process during the winter months in which we limit your home’s exposure to the elements.
#5 - REPLACEMENT WINDOW AND DOOR POST-INSTALLATION FINISHING AND WORK
Our superior installation process of your Cossins windows and doors involves more than just inserting the window in the opening. The Cossins Team will walk you through post-installation procedures aimed at putting the final touches on your replacement windows and doors and making sure that you are completely satisfied with the job.